Monday, November 26, 2018

Speaking Part 2: Helping Old Man




A friend of yours has an elderly neighbour. He wants to help him. Talk together about the different things he could do to help him and decide which one would be best.
A:
My friend has an old neighbour. How can he help him?
B:
How about doing shopping for the old man?
A:
That sounds good, but maybe he doesn’t have enough money. What about cooking some food for him?
B:
It’s a good idea, but my friend doesn’t know how to cook. I think he shall clean the old man’s house.
A:
I’m not sure about that because the house is very big to clean in one day. He could water the plants in the balcony.
B:
That sounds easy. I think the old man can do it himself.
Why doesn’t he take him out on a picnic?
A:
That’s an interesting idea, but my friend doesn’t have a car. What about reading a nice book to him in the afternoon?
B:
That sounds great. I agree. I will let my friend know.


1 comment: